Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A new day...and more snow!

I'm finding it difficult to accept the fact that winter weather is part of the norm around here now. I'm not a big fan of snow, cold temps or short days. I much prefer sunshine, time in the water and fresh produce from the garden.

So, I'll meet my days half way! I'll go to the pool as often as I can; turn on my full spectrum lights to simulate the bright sunshine; grow my sprouts and wheat grass. All this and pretend that it's really spring at least.

I don't like to wish away any part of the year. Each month has it's merits. Right?

So for now I sit thankful for all the blessings that come to me each day. I delight in the beauty of the white fluffy stuff in the air and the newness of the fresh blanket of snow on the ground.

This week:

I've planned my food really well and purchased the appropriate groceries to back up the plan. Guess that would be step #2. lol

step #1: plan menus
step #2: purchase groceries

step #3: follow through and eat what was purchased.

Nothing bothers me like tossing food that has gone bad due to neglect. Even if I had all the riches in the world this would still be a problem for me. Don't get me wrong...I don't have the $$$ to toss into the trash so being good about this is imperative...non-negotiable.

That's it! My word for the week:

NON-NEGOTIABLE

These are things that are done. Period. No falling on one side of the fence or the other...

So for today:

My kitchen is closed at 8pm. NON-NEGOTIABLE!

My life; my decision.

Until again

Doll
....continuing on this great journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment