Friday, July 30, 2010

A special dinner

Posted by Picasa

From time to time when I put dinner on the table Nick immediately grabs for the camera to get a picture. How our food is presented can definitely make a difference in the ambiance of dinner. This was our dinner earlier in the week.

There's nothing special about this meal other than the fact that it looked great!

A bed of fresh greens topped with a fresh tabouli salad. I had to improvise. I had a half a cucumber, (the other half froze in the fridge!), a couple of small pieces of tomato (I'm cleaning out the fridge), and a couple of spoonfuls of corn relish. Fresh mint and parsley from the garden was quickly chopped and mixed in along with the juice of 1 lemon. Voila...dinner is served.

Simple, quick and tasty.

Do you improvise with your recipes? I would love to hear from you.




No comments:

Post a Comment