Thursday, September 23, 2010

Still here and Gluten Free

 (Posted earlier today on my new  BLOG)

Yes, I'm still here.  Since our decision to move, confirmed by putting a deposit down for the rent, my life has been somewhat of a whirl-wind of activity.  Adding cleaning and packing to my list of daily to dos seems to have stretched me just a wee bit!

First, I am now 30 DAYS GLUTEN FREE!  That's the longest I've gone without breads etc.  I'm really proud of this accomplishment and am moving forward to the next 30 days!!

One of the things I've found helpful is to plan, plan, plan!  I'm the kind of person who needs options.  When my body is yelling at me to have some bread my brain needs to click in and reach for the rice crackers!  Having those in the house has saved my gluten free goal on more than one occasion.

I'll break down the scenario for you:
1.  I'm tired (and cranky)
2.  Body says:  get me some bread
3.  Brain takes over
4.  Rice cakes, rice crackers, rice torillas come to the rescue
5.  Still tired but feel good about my choices

Scenario #2

1.  I'm upset and/or hurt
2.  Body says:  get me a bagel
3.  Brain takes over (now becoming habit)
4.  Rice cakes, rice crackers, rice torillas come to the rescue5.  Still a little upset and/or hurt but feeling great about my choices!

Scenario #3

1.  I'm really hungry
2.  Body says:  get me a sweet, rich, chocolately brownie!
3.  .....  Get the picture??

The last 30 days have certainly taught me that
  • I can do this
  • I am in control
  • Consistency pays off in big ways!

Are you consistent in some areas of your life?  Does that work for you?  I'd love to hear your story.

Have a great day!

Consistently gluten free,
Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment