Sunday, July 10, 2011

I am satisified!




... with what I have, with the person I am, and all that I do.



Day 2:  Be Satisfied With What You Have
That is an affirmation that I use often.   For me, this is the basis of my life.  If I can be satisfied with what I have, then the journey to living small is so much easier AND I love living small.


Currently we're living in a very small 2 bedroom apartment (650 sq.ft)  We've lived in smaller and in much larger but at this size it feels "just right".  Moving from a 3 bedroom, plus extra rooms house, down-sizing was certainly a interesting task. Everything we didn't want we put on the front lawn on online in Free-Cycle  Most things went to new owners and to be honest there's very little of what we left behind that I feel I need or miss.  (except for the in-ground pool - I'll share about that another day)

I have no need to want what others have.  I might desire to replace a very large couch that seems too big for the room and non-too comfortable for my back.



Society gives us so many opportunities to want more; to make us believe we NEED and in fact CANNOT do without more.  The advertising, growing malls and out-let stores, all shiny and new, invite us to come, buy, enjoy and even to the point of pointing out that we cannot live without what they are offering.

How can this be sound teaching?  How can we model a better life for our children while we are running from store to store loading up the car and the credit cards?

Being satisfied with what I have means that I take time to be grateful for the goodness around me.

  1. my loving family and friends
  2. a warm, dry, safe home to live in
  3. fresh fruit and veggies in the fridge
  4. communication devices so that I can keep in touch
  5. my work in music, in ministry and on-line
  6. my body's ability to heal itself
Of course the list could fill the page but I believe you get my drift.

For today:  I will take notice of all the good things around me, enjoying the moments and loving life.  I am truly blessed!!!

Til again,

Doll










1 comment:

  1. And so it become Have what you like, and like what you have. Oh yes, if it does not fit into a compact pickup truck when you go to move, then it does not move.

    Excellent post !!

    DG

    ReplyDelete