Friday, July 3, 2009

Le Tour de Fleece

Tour <span class=de France" style="border: medium none ; display: block;" width="193" height="193">Image via Wikipedia

Le Tour de Fleece


It's been a long time since I joined a fiber challenge but with having the month of July to myself I figured it would be fun.

My challenge to spin every day from July 4th to July 26th. I have lots and lots of fiber to spin.

Due to my foot injury and it's slow healing process, much of the spinning will be done with a spindle. Not a bad thing really. I enjoy my spindles.

Currently I'm working on a fleece to shawl project. The fleece is a grey/black icelandic that I purchased from a local farm a year ago. I'm doing a navajo ply then dying it with a red food colouring. So far it's looking pretty good. The pattern is Cold Mountain. Their picture show's this in lace weight but mine will be a bit heavier than that.

I'll let you know how I make out. Pictures to follow.


Following down my Diva path....

The Cozy Coaches, of The Raw Divas, have been working together since last December and are really excited to be presenting a new recipe book very, very soon. Details to follow!!

I'm doing well making sure that I take in more greens and more fresh fruit and veggies. This is always a bit of a struggle for me since I truly am a fan of all breads! lol I'm looking forward to the upcoming Body Enlightenment System that will start mid July. Click the banner at the top of my blog for more info. One of the benefits is that once you purchase the program you have it for life and are always invited back, free, for the live events. This July marks my first year anniversary with the BES! I am excited!!

For today I'm looking forward to getting into the pool but with the current rain it's not overly inviting.

Off to plan my afternoon and evening. Perhaps I need to wash some more fleece to prep for spinning! lol

Til again,
Doll




No comments:

Post a Comment