Saturday, June 27, 2009

Calm, cool and collected!

Google Maps HybridImage by Telendro via Flickr

That's my mantra for the day. I'm sitting in my hotel room in Laval attempting to relax before dressing for the big gig tonight! Is it working? Slightly...I think.

I am calm. (working on this one)

I am cool. (air conditioning is working well)

I am collected. (all is ready to go)

Now, if yahoo and google maps could just give me the same results when I do a search of the venues I would be so very happy. Even my Blackberry gives me a different route. What's a gal to do?!

So I sit here, working on french lyrics and diction for tonight. I love playing for the choir and am honored that I am given the opportunity to also sing with them. So much fun!

The venue tonight is a local church. I'm looking forward to it as many churches have amazing accoustics.

As for Laval, haven't seen too much other than a few blocks from the hotel. We visited a wonderful grocery/bakery during lunch today where I was able to get a bag of ripe plums and are so sweet and juicy. Yummy!

I can see Mont Royal from our 7th story window. Not sure but we might venture into the city (Montreal) later tomorrow before heading for home. I figure it's been about 20 years since I've even been this close. Gee if I could wait until Tuesday I could go and see Stevie Wonder!! Montreal is a great place to be!!!

Well off to make myself beautiful for tonight!

Are you doing anything exciting this weekend?

Til again,
Doll


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment