Wednesday, February 11, 2009

When things really don't matter.

Goethe advised us: “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least" This came across my desk today and really hit me right between the eyes! Boy did I ever need to hear this!!

So here's my thought: Why do I let things that don't matter, matter to me? There's something deep inside of my that likes to push this to the edge.

Here's what matters most:

1. Nick, my husband
2. Beth, Vickie, Katie and Diane (in order of age)
3. My church friends and family
4. The great work I have in and outside of my musical life
5. The music that's in me waiting to get out!

The rest? Of course there is much more that matters to me. Some things are quite serious ie world peace, global warming, feeding the starving. The book I would write listing all these important things will still bring me back to my own universe and how I affect change for me and those I love.

What doesn't matter:

1. how many years will my car last (or weeks lol)
2. do I really heat my veggies to 200 F or just 110F?
3. will I be heart broken if I don't get some fancy jewelry for the 14th????

Ok...silly things, but true. There is so much in my life that doesn't matter. For what's important see the beginning of this post.

For now signing this,

tired but happy
\Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment