Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New challenge

I face many challenges throughout the course of my week; my day and now have taken on something new.

I'm going to do a 30 day detox of my stuff! What this means for me:

1. each day for the next 30 days I'm going to recycle or free-cycle something in my house.

2. there will be no purchases other than necessities for the next 30 days

3. I will post each day as to how my day went.

Parts of this look really easy...at least on the surface. Let's see if by day 15 I still feel this way.

When Nick and I moved here from AK we had all our precious things in the back of the Mazda Pick up. In it was "everything we needed" and "nothing that we didn't". Simple? On the surface yes.

We have been very fortunate to have been able to furnish our rented home with gifts from many friends (both new and used). Now we have to face the fact that if we needed to move in a hurry that we have way too much STUFF to pack! Here's my thought: why wait until there is necessity before we clean out our clutter? There is no reason at all.

Perhaps with a clutter free home my mind will release some of it's own clutter.

Care to join me? Please leave a comment if you wish to jump on board. I think it's going to be a grand 30 day ride!!! I wonder just how many people we can have all taking on this challenge??

til again,
Doll

2 comments:

  1. Excellent commitment. Sorta what I had in mind. I have a personal commitment of this sort, and so will be following on these lines.

    Great Move, go for it ! !

    DG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Doll! Since I recently moved, and will be moving again next year we have kept our "stuff" to a minimum. There isn't much clutter to clear in our apartment. I won't be joining you, but I will follow along. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete