Monday, April 13, 2009

about Mondays!

The beginning is the most important part of the work.

-Plato

I'll also add the Monday is the most important part of the week. Well for some of us it is...others, not so much. I guess I really look at Monday as the beginning, the do-over for a new week; a fresh start!

Sunday is a work day for me; it's my day of worship but as a church musician it's also what I do to pay the rent. Monday is my day of rest. I relax, take care of me and re-group my thoughts, goals and inspiration.

Starting each week is easy. The sun goes down then rises once again. The alarm goes off; I throw open the curtains and let the light come in. I'm awake. Well, at least some might say so.

Beginning is putting one foot in front of the other. Have you seen the movie "Awakenings"? The are times in the story when one or more of the characters completely stop moving. Usually just a little nudge from someone and they're ok and off again. The beginning is like this. Sometimes it's just the nudge to get going is all that is needed. Once you have the momentum it's easy to keep at it.

ie once the dishes are washed and put away isn't it easier to look at the counter and clean it off as well? Just doing the one thing leads to another. Or, looking through your mail..often just opening up one piece leads to looking through another and so on. I'm sure you get my meaning.

For me there is nothing worse than in-activity or in-action. Without the motion...perpetual or otherwise I just find it difficult to get started.

Have you ever felt like this??? If you have felt like this what helped you to get going again? Please share your thoughts.


Til again,
Doll

1 comment:

  1. Yes sometimes I am so numb upon arising, it is like wandering about after being stunned. I put the one foot in front of the other, and get my heart pumping lots of blood to my brain, and kick start that ! !

    A wee bit of fruit is a good start for me, some sugar to feed my brain !

    DG

    ReplyDelete