Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Journey Continues

<span class= Image via Wikipedia

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while, the next few weeks may seem like a bit of a departure from what I normally write. I'm digging deeper into what makes me, me. I'm looking into the heart and mind of what makes me tick. As my weight loss journey continues I realize that I need to understand more of the reasons I eat what I eat and when. Emotions come into play in a very big way with me. I've always known this but have tried to skirt around the situation. Regardless of what food pyramid I use or whose specific plan, none will work until I gain control of my emotions and thoughts.




This morning I'm looking at what I hear inside of my head. Am I really listening? I am a Christian believer and believe that God has a purpose for my life. (it's not my intent here to "preach" but to share some of my thoughts..your belief in a higher power may most likely be much different that my own or you may have no specific beliefs at all)

When I am called to "go" or "do", do I respond? I guess that's the real depth here. When I feel my passion, when I have the constant prattle in my head, do I respond?

I do believe that each of us have desires and passions to be our best self. I know there are times I just do not listen; I do not respond.

For today - this day, my intention, my purpose, my passion is to listen and to feel.

My light is shining. Right now the path is clear. I will go. I will...


**** the food pyramid above does not totally reflect my current food plan LOL I am enjoying about 75% raw foods (greens, fruits etc.) AND am wheat and dairy free for Lent

No comments:

Post a Comment