Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving forward...

hanoi-exerciseImage by Neil via Flickr



Am I happy today? You betcha! down 1/2 pound since yesterday. LOL Ok, so it's not 5 lbs but enough of a change that I'm happy.

Losing weight for me has become an obsession and one that I really need to work on. I haven't been able to figure out when you cross the line between healthy concern for ones weight and what's over the top!

I'd love for someone to walk me through this. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or something of therapeutic value that I'm working for an online community of great women whose biggest focus is on food. By the way, I LOVE MY JOB!!

Many times I think it helps to keep me real and honest. Other times it's more that I'm drawn deeper and deeper into the obsession spiraling downward.

Last winter Tera, www.therawdivas.com, did an entire 90 day "don't obsess about your food" blog post series. I know that this obsession is not unique to me and yet there I times I feel like I'm the elephant in the room with a topic no one wants to talk about.

I don't need a food plan friends, I need a good therapist!! Recommendations? LOL

So, I'm moving away from obsession to balance.

My mantra this year is balance. Balance in ALL things and in ALL areas of my life. Definitely balance in my food is top of the list but I guess what I need is balanced thinking about the food choices I make. Nothing radical here, just me being me.

I want to be a well-rounded individual. (rounded might not be the best choice of words there) I want my focus to be on family, friends, food, exercise, internal joy, music, fiber work and play...! All of these in balance, with me tossing the balls into the air in a set pattern that works for ME! Is this possible? I believe so. Might take some work but it's the kind of work that I'm ready, willing, and able to do.

Here's what I plan to do today to get started:

1. clean my fridge (how can I eat a balanced diet with old yucky stuff in there)

2. get on the mini-tramp! (need to get the lymphatic system working as it should)

3. call some friends and set up some tea time (choose a date)

4. stay connect with my family (calls and email)

5. schedule time for music composition (I have a dead-line!)

Have you created a list for yourself today? If so how does it feel for you??

I'd love to know how you are all doing. Stay in touch, create joy in your life and smile 'cause you never know when someone's watching you!

Hugs and love,
Doll


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment