Monday, January 19, 2009

My day off!

Monday's are my FUN days!


Today I choose to knit and spin. I haven't been consistent with my spinning. I do miss it. There's something wonderfully soothing for me as the fiber moves through my fingers and the wheel spins.



I spent sometime yesterday mending some hand knit socks. I just can't toss them when I've put so much work into them. After 2 or 3 mendings then they become dust rags.

What I really need to do today is finish spinning some wool for my next socks.
They will be 2 ply with the base colour being a burgundy blend that I purchased at Upper Canada Village in '06 and I will ply this with some cream coloured mixed breed that I bought last summer.

This is my old standard wheel...the BABE. Yes it's plastic and I love how light it is and how easily it spins. I'd love a really nice wooden one but for functionality this is just fine!



For my journey today...good healthy food and a trip to the pool!

Enjoy your day!

Til again,
Doll


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment