Saturday, December 20, 2008

The day after

I'm awake and ready to face the day. Great, isn't it?

I've been gluten and dairy free since Tuesday and already I'm feeling a bit brighter, happier, less sluggish and on top of my life. This is an amazing feeling. My challenge is to be gluten and dairy free for 2 weeks. My first thought was how the heck can I do this over Christmas but as I set out to make my plans I realized that the task is not impossible. Wow! I will face some temptation but not as big of a denial as I once thought.

I enjoyed a wonderful day yesterday. Met a dear friend for lunch; gave us time to catch up. We've both been so busy that just sitting and talking was a real treat. (Note to self: keep putting times like this in my calendar)

The evening was filled with such fun. We joined another couple at The Old Time Fiddlers Christmas Dinner. My food choices were made wisely and enjoyed! The music? Well, I love the toe tappin' fiddle music that is such a strong tradition in the Ottawa Valley. Had an opportunity to waltz and two-step with my honey and even did some line dancing. Boy it's been a long time since I've danced. Ask the muscles in my glutenous-maximus what they think of it today! lol A great time was had by all. The weather outside was definitely "frightful" but inside so "delightful". I didn't realize how much I needed the fun and laughter. There's been lots of both in my life lately. Nice to turn your head around once in a while!

Well, off to do what a music teacher does on Saturdays!

Til again,
Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment