Monday, December 15, 2008

For today!

I know, I use this title a lot but for me it really is my life. I take each day and live for "today". Well, at least that's my plan. Some days I'm more successful than others.

“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”
La Rochefoucauld

I read the quote above this morning and thought I'd share. I plucked it from the Green Smoothie Blog . Definitely gives a different perspective to my food and dining experience.

I used to think that eating out in public was the art. Not eating too much or too fast; ordering foods that others won't criticize. Now in steps the intelligent part! How smart am I too allow what others think of what I eat into my world? Do I really need opinion to rule my head or my heart? It's like what Nick quotes me often, " When arguing with the post, who is most intelligent, you or the post?" (author unknown) OK, so we all know the correct answer here.

So, for today, I will eat with intelligence and create the world around me (my food) a new art form.

Love to all
Til again,
Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment