This is the post:
"Socializing is always tough for me. I found that if I go to an event with strengthened resolve to do the best for me then I can manage. If I go when I'm really tired or stressed then forget it. All well laid plans fly out the window.
So here's my strategy:
- Drink a green smoothie before I go
- Be sure that I'm rested
- Keep my mind focused on the great people around me and the conversation
- If asked about what I'm eating I smile and let them know that I'm enjoying my ..... salad or whatever I am eating and then let it go.
- If I don't make a big production out of the whole thing that most friends and colleagues will just smile and go on with the conversation at hand.
- As for things like alcohol etc. I'm finding it easier and easier to stay away from them. In my circles, people are just more aware then they used to be and generally make healthy choices."
"All of this is easier said than done so I take it one day and one moment at a time. If I eat something not so great for me I move forward and make better decisions next time. Not the end of the world. "
My words to all:
Enjoy your days, your parties, dinners etc and remember that only you can drive your truck! You make the decisions that effect your life.