Thursday, December 11, 2008

“What If Raw Food Isn’t Right For Me?”

“What If Raw Food Isn’t Right For Me?”

Posted using ShareThis


I question daily what I eat. Most folks who are looking at losing weight and getting healthy do this. Balance their meals, count calories, keep track of portions and portion sizes. What's been on my mind for a little more than 6 months now is this: "Do I continue eating RAW or do I cook dinner tonight?" What's good for me and my body? How much abuse can my body take ie additives, gluten, hidden sugars and on and on.... Get my drift?

I'm on a journey of education. I want to learn as much as I can about nutrition; what works for me and what doesn't. Even in the RAW food movement there is much controversy over different food items.

Am I a vegan? Not by a long shot. Vegetarian? Not quite there. I am limiting my red meat consumption to only once or twice a week. Partly due to budget issues but also I feel that my body doesn't really need what I once thought it did.

I'll continue to question, to search. The journey is long but it's life and I'm learning and having a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Doll, I completely understand your point. I struggle with this constantly, too. I feel that a slow transition is fine. Yes, I may still have a cookie every now and then, but I am no longer eating 1/2 a gallon of ice cream in one setting! Progress can be measured in different ways: pounds, inches, emotional, spiritual, etc. We may be taking two steps forward and one back, but that's still progress! You are doing great, I am loving your blog. Keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete