Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another Snow Day and my freedom!

I slept very late this morning. The house was so quiet. I really needed the rest. And yes, we're in the middle of another storm. I spoke with the owner of the restaurant where I work. She said, "stay home". She's not even sure how long she'll stay open.

My Stats:

Today's Weight: 211

from Tuesday:
Calorie Range: 7 days (1516)
Cardio: 1 days
Water: 0 days (still at 6 bottles)
Vitamins: 15 days

One thing I've learned over the last couple of years is just how important it is to feed my creative soul. Part of me needs specific structure; the rest seems to rebel at the whole idea.

My work time-table is somewhat set; my students come a specific times; the rehearsals the same each week; church is the same time each week etc. etc I'm sure you see the picture. None of this is bad it's just the way life is.

The rest of the time is mine and that's where the plan gets blown wide open. Creatively I need to be able to write, knit, and spin a little each day. Perhaps even for just 10 min each. These things I pick up as the spirit moves me.

Some of my musical writing is a little more structured. As in, I have something specific that needs re-worked or harmonized by a certain time. There's creativeness in that kind of work but a time-table rules the completion date. I don't mind as it helps me to get at it. I do procrastinate but often times waiting allows for my dreams and ideas to gel before I sit down at the keyboard to finish a song, or even to start one.

Allowing myself some "unstructured" time gives me a sense of freedom; a feeling of control. I never realized just how important these feelings are to me. (note to self: dig deeper on this)

So my "free" day plans:

1. POTP
2. creative writing
3. yoga and meditation
4. knitting, spinning
5. work on a colour shape for me

6. Rehearsals tonight (x2) If they're not called off due to weather

So my question is this, 1. are you needing to take control of some area in your life? I know there are many in mine. 2. Is the feeling of control as or more important than the actual control?

I think tomorrow I will answer the second quesion.

Enjoy the day, the moment !

No comments:

Post a Comment